SSI Technical Extended Range course
- Duration: 6 Days (approx.)
- Location: Point Lookout, QLD
- Product code: TXR
The Technical Extended Range course provides divers with the training necessary to independently plan and conduct two-gas switch, multiple-stop decompression dives to depths of up to 50 meters on air or 60m on trimix.
The program is conducted wearing a full technical set-up with at least two stage cylinders for accelerated decompression. The course includes two dives to a maximum of 45 metres and two dives to a maximum of 50 metres on air. Some of the skills include multiple-stage cylinder management, gas sharing and problem solving. There is a large emphasis placed on team work and situational awareness. The trimix component includes an extra 2 dives between 50-60m on helium based breathing gas
- Six boat dives on North Stradbroke islands deep reefs!
- Internationally recognised certification to scuba dive anywhere in the world to depths of up to 60 metres.
- Plan and execute dives safely with unlimited decompression
- Can be completed either on air or trimix
- Maximum 4:1 student to instructor ratio.
The Technical Extended Range course is six days run over three weekends. The first weekend includes theory, an equipment configuration workshop and a practical in-water session that will focus on buoyancy, proper trim in diver position and the use of new equipment such as additional stage tanks. Over the second and third weekends you will complete 6 dives up to depths of 45 and 60 metres respectively. During these dives you will progress through skills to complete planned decompression stops, multi-stage tank use, as well as gas planning and management.
- The minimum age to participate is 18 years old.
- Be certified as an SSI Extended Range Diver or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Be certified as an SSI Stress & Rescue Diver or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Be certified in SSI Science of Diving or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Have at least 70 logged open water dives of which 20 are deeper than 30 metres and 10 require staged decompression with at least one gas switch.