SSI Drift Diver
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Point Lookout, QLD
- Product code: P1PQXE
Why do the Drift Diver Course with us?
our dive sites are prone to some very strong currents that can change multiple times during a dive. This can be good news to the trained diver with multiple species of sea life using current to feed, travel and play. Our experienced instructors will show you what to look for and how to safely identify potential current areas and turn current into the dive of a life time.
What to Expect
Day 1: Meet at our store at 7 am to complete paperwork and the theory components of the five specialities: Navigation, Perfect Buoyancy, Fish ID, Boat Diving and Deep Diving. In the afternoon, you will head out on our boat for a double dive where you will complete two (2) specialty dives at one of our local dive sites.
- You must be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Must have been diving within the last 12 months
- You must be medically fit for diving
- All participants must complete a medical declaration form before this course. If any questions on the medical declaration are answered "Yes", you may need to gain medical clearance from a doctor before participating in this course. Please contact reception if you have any questions about this.
- Must have your own reel and smb you can deploy at depth.