Terms & Conditions
North Stradbroke Island Operations Pty Ltd T/A Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre
- Tours require a credit card to secure your place at the time of booking, with full payment due on the day of the tour.
- Courses require full payment at time of booking.
- All tours and courses are subject to minimum numbers to run. In the event of minimum numbers not being reached a reschedule or full refund will be offered. Minimum numbers required vary depending on tour/activity.
If the minimum numbers for an activity have not been met or conditions are not suitable and Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre decides to cancel, you will be entitled to a credit or full refund.
- The penalty period for tours is 72 hours from the scheduled tour.
- The penalty period for courses is 14 days from the scheduled start date.
- Transfers are possible if made outside the penalty period.
- If you wish to transfer your booking within 72hrs - 48hrs of the penalty period you will incur a 50% transfer/administration fee plus a $20 re-booking fee. Cancellation within 24hrs in not refundable or transferable.
- Cancelling of a dive festival or dive|stay|play package within 72 hrs of the starting time is non refundable.
- Cancelling of a festival or dive|stay|play package within 1 week of the starting time will incur a $20 fee as food orders have already been placed.
- Cancelling a Try Scuba Experience within 1 week of the start time will incur a fee of $75 to cover the cost of the resources used. Including staff, pool etc...
- If you fail to attend or cancel within the penalty period you will forfeit the full cost of the activity.
- Cancellations are not possible due to change of mind.
- Cancellations are possible outside of the penalty period if notice is received in writing.
- All cancellations and refunds are subject to management’s discretion.
- Please allow at least 7 days for processing a refund.
Due to weather, transport delays, strikes and/or other causes beyond the control of Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre, there is a possibility of services not being completed. Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre will make every endeavour to secure refunds for the same, but will not be held responsible for refunds not forthcoming.
- All activities must be completed within 180 days of the original scheduled start date.
TRIP ITINERARY & DIVE SITES
The nature of diving that we are depended on weather conditions. There is always the possibility that a specific dive site as advertised in the trip description cannot be visited due to poor weather conditions. The vessel operator will select the safest sites available by putting divers safety first and by considering the experience level of all divers on board. No refunds are available for such circumstances unless the particular operator agrees to provide a refund or partial refund or other form of compensation.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT & HIRE GEAR
- Use of any hire gear is at your own risk.
- You must check all hire gear items prior to the dive.
- No refunds are given to anyone who hires diving equipment and does not use it or returns the equipment early.
- If equipment is not returned by the end of the hire agreement period, charges will apply.
- You are fully responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
- You allow us to charge your credit card for any lost or damaged equipment.
All activities will require the completion of some form of a Medical Questionnaire prior to commencement. If you are at all concerned, please contact Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre outside of the penalty period. If you fail to gain medical clearance within the penalty period you will need to reschedule at your own expense as per the normal transfer conditions.
- In the event of a medical condition permanently preventing you from attending the activity you will be entitled to a credit or full refund if outside of the penalty period.
- You are able to transfer your scheduled activity to a friend or family member at any time. If online training has been issued, there will be $100 change-of-name fee required.
LIABILITY RELEASE & ASSUMPTION OF RISK
All of our activities require you to agree to the terms of our assumption of risk and liability release form.
BOATING, SNORKELLING & SCUBA DIVING LIABILITY RELEASE & ASSUMPTION OF RISK BINDING AGREEMENT VALID TODAY AND ALL FUTURE DATES.
I understand that the purpose of signing this document is to exempt and release North Stradbroke Island Operations Pty Ltd (NSIO), Scuba Schools International (SSI), Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), its affiliate or subsidiary corporations, their owners, employees, contractors, agents, and associated personnel, and their boats (whether owned, operated, leased or chartered), hereinafter referred to as “released parties”, and to hold these entities harmless from any and all liabilities arising as a consequence of the following, or any other acts or omissions on their part, including but not limited to negligence of any type. This agreement is intended to be valid and binding today and on all future dates.
I UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS INVOLVED WITH SNORKELING, SCUBA DIVING AND BOATING, including but not limited to heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, drowning, air expansion, decompression sickness, equipment failure, perils of the sea, harm caused by marine creatures (including bites), being cut or struck by a boat while in the water, acts of fellow participants, entering and exiting the water, boarding or disembarking boats, and activities on the docks and I hereby assume such risks. I declare that I am in good mental and physical fitness and that I am not under the influence of alcohol, nor am I under the influence of any drugs that are contradictory for undertaken activity. I will execute an updated medical if and when required.
I FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT THE INVOLVED BOAT HAS LIMITED MEDICAL FACILITIES and that in the event of illness or injury appropriate medical care must be summoned by radio and treatment will be delayed until I can be transported to a proper medical facility. I agree in advance to these conditions. The participating dive store and/or boat have made no representation to me implied or otherwise that they or their crew can or will perform safe rescues or render first aid. In the event I show signs of distress or call for aid I would like assistance and will not hold the Released Parties, their crew, dive boats or passengers responsible for their actions in attempting the performance or rescue or first aid.
I WILL INSPECT ALL OF MY/RENTED EQUIPMENT PRIOR TO THE ACTIVITY. I will not hold the Released Parties responsible for my failure to inspect my/rented equipment prior to diving/snorkelling, including checking both the quality and quantity of air in any scuba tank(s).
I ALSO AGREE TO PAY ANY COSTS OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT if the rented equipment should be lost or returned damaged, including flooding the regulator due to the dust cap not been put in properly. For the purpose of payment, the renter gives us permission to charge the credit card used for the initial payment.
IT IS MY INTENTION BY THIS INSTRUMENT TO GIVE UP MY RIGHT TO SUE ALL PERSONS OR ENTITIES REFERRED TO HEREIN, whether specifically named or not, and it is also my intention to exempt and release all released parties and to hold these entities harmless from any and all liability for personal injury, property damage/loss or wrongful death or other damage to me or my family, heirs, caused by negligence or gross negligence and I assume all risk in connection with snorkelling, scuba diving and boating activities, including but not limited to the maintenance of the equipment or organisation of this activity. I give NSIO and its agents acting on behalf and/or for NSIO full permission to use images taken of me, I give full permission for NSIO to reproduce, alter, use and re-use any image, picture or reproduction for all media.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS CONTRACT IN ITS ENTIRETY, fully understand its contents, my participation in this activity is entirely at my own risk and agree to the terms and conditions of this contract on behalf of myself, my heirs, and my personal representatives. I have read and understand the PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OBLIGATIONS and agree to adhere to safe diving practices and dive within the limits of my certification level. I further state that I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this liability release, or that I have obtained the written consent of my parent or guardian.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THE POTENTIAL DANGERS INCIDENTAL TO THIS TRIP AND ACTIVITY (IES), AM FULLY AWARE OF THE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF SIGNING THIS INSTRUMENT, AND THAT I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS LEGALLY BINDING AND WILL PRECLUDE ME FROM RECOVERING MONETARY DAMAGES TODAY AND ON ALL FUTURE DATES FROM THE ABOVE LISTED ENTITIES AND/OR INDIVIDUALS, WHETHER SPECIFICALLY NAMED OR NOT, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE/LOSS OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY PRODUCT LIABILITY OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, WHETHER PASSIVE OR ACTIVE.
No refunds are available in the case you disagree with any of our terms after making a booking or if you are unable to meet any of our requirements with regards to qualification, equipment or health. Liability release agreements are common practice within the diving industry and particularly exclude liability for any loss or damage to your personal property as well as personal injury or death. It is intended to inform you that you are participating in a potentially dangerous activity (diving and boating) and that you are assuming the associated risks. Should you make a booking for others on their behalf, you are required to inform them about our terms and conditions prior to making a booking. It is recommended to takeout travel or diving accident insurance in order to close any gaps in cover.
It is explicitly agreed, as a condition of all bookings that you agree with all provisions of our liability release and assumption of risk agreement in its entirety even without signature. By making a booking, you confirm to have read and understood the agreement.
CERTIFIED DIVER REQUIREMENTS
- You must bring your diving certification card and log book with you and be on time.
- You must dive with a dive computer, snorkel and safety sausage.
- You must disclose any medical conditions to us and/or any medications you take.
- You must conduct a buddy check and remain within a 5 second distance from your buddy whilst underwater.
- You must conduct a safety stop at the end of each dive for at least 3 minutes at a depth of 5 metres.
FLYING AFTER DIVING
Flying is not recommend within 24 hours after your last dive. Decompression sickness (DCS) can occur when you fly immediately after scuba diving due to the change in atmospheric pressure.
- Refunds are only available for faulty items.
- Exchanges are available for new items or store credit within 28 days of purchase.
- Exchanges will only be accepted if the product is in saleable condition including the original packaging returned with proof of purchase.
- Manta Lodge & Scuba Centre reserves the right to refuse a return if the product is used, damaged or is missing parts.
GIFT VOUCHERS AND CREDIT NOTES (issued prior to 1st November 2019)
- Must be redeemed within 6 months of the issue date.
- Not exchangeable for cash.
- Gift vouchers are not refundable so choose carefully
GIFT VOUCHERS AND CREDIT NOTES (issued after 1st November 2019)
- Must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date.
- Not exchangeable for cash
- Gift vouchers are non refundable so choose carefully
- The applicable law is Queensland, Australia.
- If one term is found to be unlawful all others remain valid.
- You agree to be added to our email campaigns with the option to unsubscribe.
- You give us permission to use any photographs or video footage for promotional purposes.